Friday, December 10, 2010

Meet "Buddy"

Our "Elf on the Shelf" FINALLY made it's arrival last week! I say finally because I bought this thing back in 2007, the year Paige was born and I have been holding onto it until she was old enough to play along with it.. I was SO excited to start this adorable tradition with my family.. and yes, My husband thinks i'm a crazy woman who is obsessed with silly traditions. Oh well!!
I wrapped it up and left a note that said to the Anderson family Love-Santa..."i'm always watching!" Then, James left it at the front door when he got home from work and we had a neighbor ring our doorbell about an hour later.. the kids, especially Kaylynn and Paige were SO excited!



Reading the story/tradition to the kids.. basically this little elf is Santa's helper. He was sent by Santa to keep an eye on the kids and make sure they're behaving, every night he flies back to the North Pole and reports in to Santa and re-appears back at our house the next morning in a different spot to watch them again the next day. When the kids get up in the morning, they are supposed to find the Elf in his new spot.(Placed in his new spot by Mom and Dad, of course) Only rule- you can NOT touch him, or he loses his magic and he doesn't come back! We also had to give hime a name.. The kids chose the name Buddy..like Buddy from the movie "Elf" or as Paige would call him, "Elf Buddy" :)

They were all really into it.. I told them to look closely that I thought I saw his chest moving like he was breathing.. haha.. suckers!!









So FUN!!!

No comments: