Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Yummy Apple Recipes!

Your eyes are not deceiving you, I'm posting a few recipes! After our trip to Oak Glen, I had a TON of apples so I was on the hunt for some yummy recipes that included apples :) Here a few that I found that my family enjoyed :)

*Caramel Apple Dip*
you will need:
-1 package (8ounces) cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup packed brown sugar
-1/4 cup ( I added more) caramel ice cream topping
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup marshmallow creme
-apples :) ( I used rome apples)

In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel topping and vanilla until smooth; fold in the marshmallow creme. Serve with sliced apples.
*Apple Crisp*
you will need:
-6 medium tart cooking apples (about 6 cups- again, I used rome apples)
-3/4 cup packed brown sugar
-1/2 cup all purpose flour
-1/2 cup quick cooking or old fashioned oats
-1tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
-1/3cup cold butter or margarine
-ice cream (if desired.. you WILL desire the ice cream!)

Heat the oven to 375. In ungreased 8-inch square pan, spread apples.

In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apples.

Bake 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with ice cream!

Enjoy!

No comments: