Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Special Day

My birthday this year was really my best one yet.. I really had SO much fun spending the day with the ones I LOVE the most!
We started out the day by going to breakfast with my Grandparents at Coco's.. It was pretty yummy.. definitely doesn't compare to good ol' Flo's in Chino but it did the job at getting our bellies nice and full :)


Black Friday Shopping= Those big'ol bags under my eyes and half asleep looks on our faces :)
The kids acting completely normal...





After breakfast, we bundled up and headed to Big Bear to play in the snow! This was my first time EVER seeing snow.. seriously SO much fun, I can't wait to go again!


This little plastic sled thing.. best $17 we've ever spent. We all took turns going down little hills in this thing and the kids (and parents) had a BLAST!








WEEEEEE!!!!


One of these days, all 3 of them will look AND smile at the camera at the same time! (maybe I shouldn't hold my breath though!)


L*O*V*E*


Mommy's turn!!



we also had a small snowball fight.. I caught this little guy red handed tryin to get me!
(ps- doesn't he look SO big here?!?!) :(





Luke looks scared here, but he was lovin it!


Go Kay-Kay, go!




It was so beautiful up there!







I had to post this pic, everytime I see it I really do laugh out loud.. I guess Kaylynn's pants were a little slippery..LOL!

There ya go, now you can see her face.. you can't see it here, but she was holding onto my leg so she wouldn't slip again :)

After we were done playing we headed to the Village and looked in a few shops and ate dinner.. We were all FREEZING!!!!
I think I had Luke bundled up pretty well though, don't ya think?

The Christmas tree in the Village.. the kids weren't too enthused, they were cold and hungry.

Ahhhhhh! Nice and warm in the yummy Mexican restaurant.. I can't remember the name but if you're ever in Big Bear, eat at the mexican place!








I had such a GREAT day and i'm so happy to have spent it with the ones who mean the most! My heart is just bursting with LOVE and JOY! I am SO blessed!

5 comments:

Renee said...

Hi! I found your blog from another blog (Mama Laughlin) and just had to comment after reading this post. My family just moved to Temecula from St. Louis and we've heard a lot about Big Bear. I can't wait to plan a trip after seeing all your wonderful pictures. It looks like so much fun!!! I have two children ages 6 & 7 and they would absolutely LOVE it! Happy Holidays to you and your beautiful family!
Renee

Brandi said...

YES, they will love it! There's so much to do there too :) Temecula, that's right in my area...i'm in Murrieta, small world :)Thanks for your sweet comments!

Erin said...

Happy late birthday Brandi!!! It looks like you guys had so much fun. I have totally eaten at that Mexican restuarant if it is the one I am thinking of. Did it have an outdoor patio?

Brandi said...

Erin-yes it did! Isn't it yummy!! did you have a "bear delight" drink like I did ?:)

Erin said...

No I didn't have that drink it was early lunch time :)