Monday, June 25, 2012

A sweet treat.. Cheesecake Sopapilla bars!

I tried this new recipe over the weekend and it was a BIG hit with my family so I had to share :)
Of course I found it on Pinterest but I think it originated from the Pillsbury website :)

Cheesecake Sopapilla Bars:
you will need-
2 cans crescent rolls ( I used the reduced fat)
2 (8oz) packages of cream cheese (I once again used reduced fat)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
  1. preheat your oven to 350
  2. Unroll 1 can of crescents and lay flat in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.. pinch any open seams closed)
  3. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla until combined and smooth
  4. Spread this over top of crescent rolls.
  5. Unroll remaining can of crescent rolls and lay on top of mixture, again pinching closed any open seams.
  6. Pour melted butter on top of crescent rolls
  7. In a bowl mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon and sprinkle evenly on top
  8. Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown
Let cool for 20 minutes and then put in the fridge to cool completely before cutting

I was good and had only 1 small piece but trust me, you will want more. They are so delish!

No comments: