Friday, August 3, 2012

A quick little update

Things got BUSY over here last 10 days or so which = No blog updates! We are F-I-N-A-L-L-Y in base housing and HALLELUJAH we have air conditioning.. Thank you LORD! I don't know how much longer I would have kept my sanity in that tiny little temporary HOT place! Don't get me wrong, I am really SO thankful that we even found a temporary furnished place that was so close to the base. But it was definitely time to get out of it :) We are still getting settled and making this house a home and will update on that a little later.

Moving on...  :)

We took the kids to the Ice Cream social at the library on base and the kids were in HEAVEN! It was only for the kids, James looks a little jealous don't ya think?

                               
 Paigey's ice cream creation
 Later that evening was the Operation Homefront back to school brigade where all of the school aged kids get FREE school supplies! Paige isn't starting Kindergarten until next year but I registered and went and got Kaylynns stuff for this upcoming school year. She is at her Mom's for the summer or else she would have picked everything out herself. But Seriously, we got SO MUCH STUFF! I got her a Roxy backpack, 3 ring binder, lined paper, 2 spiral notebooks, packs of pens, pencils, markers, crayons, highlighters, erasers and more that I can't think of right now. They even had a little section for the younger siblings to fill a big ziplos bag full of goodies.
Paige with her loot!
 My babies also started swim lessons! Paige loved them! Luke, he tolerated them :) He did SO well the first week and then started crying a lot but they still both did really well and learned a lot. Luke is definitely much braver when I take him in the water with me but these swim lessons were really good for him :)
 Strike a pose!

 Enjoying popsicles on their last day
 We also had family visit from Indiana. My great aunt Eva ( my grandpas sister) and her daughter Janet spent a week at my Grandparents house and we met them for dinner one of the nights.


More soon :)

1 comment: